Back

Fast-MAZ automotive transmissions plant now under construction at Great Stone Park

04 July 2019

MINSK - The joint venture Fast MAZ Ltd, established by Belarus’ MAZ and China’s Shaanxi Fast Gear (Weichai Group), has embarked on constructing the Fast Gear plant, which will manufacture mechanical gearboxes for automobiles in the territory of the China-Belarus Industrial Park Great Stone.

The plant will be construction on a land plot of 3.3 ha. This is a co-financed project, with 70% of the funds provided by China and the remaining 30% by Belarus.

The launch is scheduled for 2021.

The plant’s production capacity is expected to exceed 10,000 gearboxes per year (single-shift operation) and can double if the company switches to a two-shift operational mode.

As previously reported, the Belarus-China joint venture MAZ-Weichai (founded by Minsk Automobile Plant (MAZ) and China’s Weichai Power Co. Ltd) launched their diesel engines plant at the China-Belarus Industrial Park Great Stone in Nov 2018. MAZ-Weichai was registered as a resident company at the China-Belarus Industrial Park Great Stone with investment project to build a plant in 2017-2019 to produce diesel engines for trucks, buses and special-purpose vehicles.

MAZ-Weichai occupies a 3.5ha land plot at the Great Stone Industrial Park. MAZ-Weichai was expected to hold a 30% stake in the factory, while Weichai’s stake stands at 70%. Initially, the plant plans to produce 10,000 engines per year. Subsequently, the production capacity is expected to grow to 20,000 engines, with the share of local content growing to 50%.

Belarus’ Minsk Automobile Plant (MAZ), the country’s largest OAO, is fully owned by the Belarusian government. The enterprise produces all-wheel drive trucks, log trucks, dump trucks, cranes on truck chassis, trailers and semitrailers, custom-made vehicles, around 15 kinds of passenger buses.

PrimePress

© 2019 RUE «NATIONAL CENTRE FOR MARKETING AND PRICE STUDY»
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Belarus